Be A Data Journalist, It Can Be More Exciting Than You Think!
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Donor Relations Officer
- Achieve annual fundraising goals with assigned accounts;
- Work with the Founder of the organization to create solicitation and year-round engagement strategies;
- Retain current and attract new donors in order to raise more revenue, increase overall engagement;
- Discover donor companies’ corporate social responsibility and/or workplace giving objectives, identify opportunities that align with IndiaSpend’s goals;
- Work with staff to create engagement initiatives and opportunities;
- Work on maintaining donor relations by ensuring regular communications with the donors by gathering data on project goals and performance on a quarterly basis;
- Work collaboratively with staff to meet annual revenue and engagement goals;
- Maintain the current understanding of community goals and initiatives, focus areas, successes and overall results to effectively communicate to donors;
- Support implementation of communications strategy especially through social media platforms as appropriate.
Officer–Learning & Training
- Develop curriculum for IndiaSpend and FactChecker’s data journalism and fact-checking workshops;
- Identify and work with trainers in delivering workshops;
- Develop research papers on fact checking, disinformation, and misinformation;
- Work with behavioral scientists and sociologists in building curriculum;
- Develop and update resources on data journalism and fact-checking for the website–beginners, intermediate and advanced modules;
- Conceptualise and design training materials;
- Oversee and manage external and internal trainers;
- Track and evaluate learning outcomes of IndiaSpend and FactChecker’s educational and awareness programs;
- Manage the outreach and lead the training workshops in schools, colleges and journalism colleges.
We are constantly looking to work with economists, sociologists, political scientists, and other experts and data visualizers with a technology and/or graphic design leaning.
Internships: We are inviting fresh applications for 2018. Please send your CV and examples of previous work.
Send in your CVs to email@example.com