Be A Data Journalist, It Can Be More Exciting Than You Think!
We’re looking for someone to run our social channels for IndiaSpend. The ideal candidate is equal parts producer, editor and social media rockstar.
He/she should combine a passion for policy and economy with a great presence on social media, and an inherent understanding of social content.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in news or content production, spanning text, infographics and short video.
- Ability to connect the dots to tell strong stories, across platforms, and adapt for each platform.
- Experience in soc-med tools such as Buffer, Sprout, hootsuite, and usage of basic video-editing tools.
- Experience in social media and Google Analytics.
- Ability to conceptualise and develop new series/properties for IndiaSpend using existing stories.
- Working with reporters to deliver content (video, pic, infographics) for digital properties.
- Increasing IndiaSpend’s reach to at least 2x and employ a minimum of two additional channels in one year.
- Making assets for social channels–Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter etc–and closely monitoring analytics around these channels
- Creating weekly/monthly dashboards for the team, management and donors as required.
- Coming up with new content ideas while keeping the team abreast of production enhancements such as FB Live, Twitter Periscope, Insta stories and how to tell stories using these platforms.
We are constantly looking to work with economists, sociologists, political scientists and other experts and data visualisers with a technology and/or graphic design leaning.
Internships: We are inviting fresh applications for 2016. Please send your CV and examples of previous work.
Send in your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org